GCYFRG are delighted to announce a grant writing workshop to be held on Thursday 10th January 2019 at Lancaster University. The day-long workshop will bring together researchers with a variety of experience applying for grants big and small, local and national in the fields of children, youth and families. Participants will get involved in knowledge and idea sharing, and hopefully take away ideas about new sources of funding and gain top tips for writing successful grant applications. The day will also include a ‘research speed dating’ session where you can share your ideas for future projects, and perhaps find someone who’d like to collaborate. The event is open to all, with a particular focus on the needs of early career geographers. No prior experience of grant applications or capture is required.
* Date and Time: Thursday 10th January, 10.30am-4pm
* Venue: Lancaster Environment Centre, Lancaster University
* Cost: £10, to include lunch and refreshments.
* Transport: Lancaster University is a campus university situated between Lancaster and the M6 motorway – there is parking on site and a regular bus between the university and Lancaster train station. There is also a taxi rank at the train station.
* Participation: This is a participatory workshop – participants will be asked, where relevant, to share their knowledge and experience in exchange for the knowledge and experience of others (no prior experience is required though!).
* Interested?: Please email Nadia: email@example.com by 30.11.2018.